English – With summer season just around the corner a lot of us are trying to get back to that perfect shape. We all love to look good on the beach, but what’s more important – feeling energetic and giving your body everything it may lack from the colder seasons. I strongly disagree with mono diets or any too strict rules that can cause harms, but I do love a healthy body detox. Fruit smoothies not only make our stomachs flatter, but also give our skin healthy look, make our hair shine and treat our bodies with natural vitamins. It really is the easiest, fastest and tastiest way to boost our health. Today, I want to share with you my all time favourite smoothie ingredients, that are affordable, simple and super healthy.
Latviski – Vasara tuvojas lieliem soļiem, un rūpes par veselīgu uzturu un formas uzturēšanu pēķšņi kļūst īpaši aktuālas. Pludmales sezona ir laiks, kad visi pievērš lielākas rūpes savam augumam, tomēr daudz svarīgāk par to kā izskatamies ir mūsu pašsajūta un veselības stāvoklis. Lai veselīgā veidā atgūtu vai uzturētu savu formu nepieciešams tikai mazliet pacietības un iedvesmas. Es neesmu striktu diētu piekritēja. Tā vietā izvēlos ēst garšīgi un veselīgi katru dienu, bet siltajā sezonā īpaši mīlu sevi palutināt ar gardiem, veselīgiem un vitamīnu pilniem augļu kokteiļiem. Tas ir ļoti vienkāršs un veselīgs veids, kas ne tikai palīdzēs saglabāt ideālo formu, bet arī liks mūsu ādai starot un matiem mirdzēt. Šoreiz vēlos padalīties ar savām mīļākajām smūtiju sastāvdaļām un iedvesmot jūs veselīgam dzīvesveidam!
- Spinach. This is my first choice when it comes to greens. I honestly love the taste of spinach, that’s why I always throw a bunch of this superfood in my smoothy. It’s impossible to count down all benefits it provides. Spinach is loaded with niacin. zinc, protein, fiber, vitamins A, C, E and K, thiamin, vitamin B6, folate, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium etc. In other words – Popeye knew what he was doing!
- Banana. This super fruit is packed with potassium, vitamin B6, important antioxidants and other numerous health promoting ingredients. More reasons to add banana in your daily smoothie? Frozen bananas create the most creamy, ice-cream like texture + they work as a natural sweetener.
- Greek yogurt. Organic, grass-fed greek yogurt is a great source of protein and probiotics. As long as you are ok with lactose and milk products, it will improve your digestive function and immune system. Watch out for added salt and sugar. We definitely don’t need that in our healthy smoothy.
- Mango. Sweet as candy, but exceptionally healthy. From iron, pectin and fiber to vitamin A, E, C and B6. It also protects our cells from cancer and contains enzymes that help our bodies digest protein.
- Berries. Raspberries, blackberries and blueberries are my favourite, but any berries will leave your smoothie pretty coloured and very healthy. Shiny hair, glowing skin, good memory and cheerful mood. That’s what we get from eating these beautiful vitamin packed beauties. How can you not love them?
- Frozen grapes. It’s not my daily pick, but I’ve found that freezing grapes is a convenient option for different cases. A lot of highly beneficial minerals, vitamins and antioxidants hide in both green and red grapes + no added fat or cholestoral.
- Kiwi. Kiwi is super high in fiber, but has low G.I. That means it won’t create a strong insulin rush like other sweet fruits.They are also full with vitamin E, an antioxidant known to protect skin.
- Pineapple. We know that it helps to digest food and is known to burn fat. But did you know that pineapple has an impressive amount of manganese? That is an essential trace mineral which helps to repair, grow and keep our bones strong.
- Cinnamon. This is my very favourite spice which I use everywhere you can imagine and smoothies are no exception. Cinnamon not only smells like Christmas, it’s also super healthy. With it’s anti-inflammatory and blood level regulating compounds it’s one of the worlds healthiest spices. Plus, it boosts our brain function and metabolism.
- Cottage cheese. Cottage cheese is another great protein source. Due to its high protein, it’s even more filling as greek yogurt. I love the extra creamy texture cottage cheese creates. Add low fat cottage cheese to your smoothie if you want to replace a meal.
Here are some healthy smoothie recipes, that will inspire your next breakfast, snack or post-workout meal :
Immunity Boosting Triple Berry Kiwi Smoothie
Cinnamon Roll Smoothie
CHOCOLATE & VANILLA HEMP SMOOTHIE W/ MASHED BERRIES
Creamy mango & coconut smoothie
37 Spinach Smoothies That Satisfy Every Craving
*Food facts via www.nutrition.org.uk
Enjoy your smoothie!
Have a healthy and happy weekend. Love, Agnese!